Hilton College has had a rich tradition of cricket from the earliest days of its history, and has produced a number of international and provincial cricketers over the years.
- Head of Cricket : Shane Gaffney
- 1st XI Coach: Neil Johnson
- Pro Coach: Sean Carlisle
- Facilities: The school is fortunate to have 8 cricket ovals. There are 8 turf nets, 8 astro turf nets and 5 indoor cricket nets. The main cricket oval is the Jack Hart-Davis Oval, a picturesque ground overlooking the rolling hills of the Midlands. This oval is the second oldest in KwaZulu-Natal, after the Kingsmead Oval. It is equipped with an electronic scoreboard, donated by Old Boys of the school.
- Teams: Currently 17 cricket teams play each Saturday:
Open (5), U16 (3), U15 (4), and U14 (5)
- Fixtures: The school plays fixtures against Michaelhouse, Maritzburg College, St Charles, Durban High School, Glenwood, Northwood, Kearsney, Westville and Grey College. The 1st XI annually attends the Private Schools Cricket Festival as well as the Michaelmas week and the school annually hosts the U 14 Michaelmas Cricket Week.
- Season: Cricket is played during the 1st and 4th terms of the calendar year.
Cricket is coached by 15 staff members, 2 students and cricket professionals, Bruce Roberts, the former Transvaal and Derbyshire player, and Neil Johnson, the former Western Province and Zimbabwean international . The coaching fraternity is extensively involved in Midlands and KwaZulu-Cricket. Paul Guthrie has coached KwaZulu Natal teams at the U15 and U19 level in recent years. He is also a selector for KZN Inland. Currently Paul Guthrie is the SA U 17 Cricket Convenor and Tournament Director. Shane Gaffney has recently coached the Gauteng U 19's and is currently also involved in the KZN Inland U 19's. The school has always had a strong representation in South African and KwaZulu-Natal Cricket at all levels.
- Highest Individual Score: N.S Crookes (1954-58) 222 vs Michaelhouse
Six Not out Centuries: In 1960, six Hilton College boys, in their matches against St Charles, scored a century " not out". The boys were: K.E Wimble (1st XI 136*) DLH Baldwin (U15A 115*) PG Barnard (U15A 107*) NA Hodgson (U15B 102*) MJC Procter (U14A 167*) K-K Johnson (U14A 108*)
- Some of the most famous names are:
RA MacLean (SA 1951-1965)
MJ Procter (SA 1966)
JHB Waite (SA 1951-1965)
D.W.Crookes (SA 1994)
- The school has produced a number of South African Schools representatives (18) and over 150 Khaya-Majola Coca-Cola Week (Nuffield Week) caps. The most recent SA Schools' representatives being:
D.R. Gain (1995 captain)
J.R. Schorn (1999, 2000)
K.C Africa (2002) - SA Colts XI
Annually the school is well represented in KwaZulu-Natal teams at U18,17 and 15 level.
- Some other recent achievements are:
K.C. Africa (2003 South Africa U19);
G.C. Simpkins (2003 South Africa U17)
PL Mommsen (2005 South African Schools U 18, 2010 Scotland)
R McMillan (2008 KZN Dolphins, 2010 SWD)
L Ngidi (2013 KZN u19 Cubs)